Del Val District Music and Art Festival arrives this Thursday!

Olivia Koziel, The Delphi Staff

The Del Val District Music and Art Festival is back with even more talent than last year. The art portion of the festival will be held on March 21, 2019 in the Media Center and then followed by performances from the Choir and the Band. The art show will have pieces from 5th through 12th graders from the sending districts. Mrs. Ruppert says that the show is a chance for the high schoolers to show the art that they have been working on throughout the year to future Del Val students and a time for the younger students to see the work of other students from the sending districts while publicly sharing their own work for what is most likely the very first time. The choirs will perform in the auditorium at 6:30, and the bands’ performances will be held in the Hutch Gym at 7:30. Del Val’s Renegade Drumline will perform their Stephen King-themed show between the two concerts.

This year’s special guest is a teacher from Kingwood, John Reinking, who will be doing a demonstration in the Media Center from 5:00 to 6:30. Mrs. Ruppert is especially excited for the demonstration as Reinking has a very unique style as a potter that is both traditional and nontraditional at the same time. This year’s Del Val District Music and Art Festival is sure to be filled with amazing work from all around the community.