Nick Moustakas

Nick Moustakas is running to represent Holland Township on the Del Val BOE.

Nick Moustakas: Holland Twp.

Nick Moustakas is running for one of Holland Township’s Board of Education seats on Nov. 8, 2022.

“As a Del Val alumnus, husband and father of two, I have the passion and commitment to help lead Del Val to continue to thrive and reach new levels of excellence for its students and community,” said Moustakas.

Moustakas believes what makes him different from the other candidates is his many qualifications and his experience in education.

“With a career in public school education, service as a former volunteer EMT and Vehicle Rescue Technician and current member of the Land Use Board, my passion for public service is evident,” said Moustakas. “I have earned a master’s degree in Special Education, a master’s degree in Educational Leadership and am currently a doctoral student in Educational Leadership with a Specialization in Special Education so that I can best serve all children in becoming our next generation of leaders.”

Moustakas feels that it’s important for Del Val to maintain continuous improvement over any issues that may surface.

“By welcoming everyone, and following a data-driven, results-oriented approach, we can collaboratively discover effective and efficient solutions that protect parental rights, address privacy and safety concerns and best serve the common interests,” said Moustakas.

Concerning students’ education and how to address controversial topics in the classroom, Moustakas thinks back to his time at Del Val.

“The most influential classroom books we read and discussed at Del Val addressed the harms of censorship, denying human beings their individuality and discouraging independent thought,” said Moustakas.

By welcoming everyone, and following a data-driven, results-oriented approach, we can collaboratively discover effective and efficient solutions that protect parental rights, address privacy and safety concerns and best serve the common interests.

— Nick Moustakas

Moustakas believes that students should indulge in such topics as they may “offer new perspectives or challenge previously held beliefs”. He also concludes that every parent has the right to be involved in such discussions.

“There should also be transparency and effective communication with parents so that they are aware of potentially controversial topics, as they should also be aware of, and included in, all areas of their child’s education,” said Moustakas. 

Moustakas has strong opinions about how Delaware Valley should manage its budget.

“We must demonstrate good stewardship of the school’s resources by eliminating unnecessary spending, while also identifying and supporting the resources and programs that are proven to prepare our students to become successful leaders in an increasingly competitive economy,” said Moustakas.

Moustakas believes Del Val will be a leader in providing high-quality education as well as overall academic success for all of its students.

“Del Val will be recognized for its connectedness and collaboration with its community by improving and increasing meaningful communication with the Del Val community, using effective and efficient means of communication to clearly inform the community of high interest topics, and providing consistent updates about the school’s needs, concerns and accomplishments for the benefit of students and the community it serves,” said Moustakas.

If these ideas align with yours, vote for Nick Moustakas on Nov. 8.

The Delphi • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$205
$2000