Cost cutting measures under consideration

February 25, 2020

With more funding reductions on the way, Del Val is already proposing measures for the upcoming school year to help cut costs. Some of the possible reductions are yet to be determined, as the master class schedule is still being completed by the counseling department. Until the final schedule is in place, decisions concerning staffing, programs, and classes cannot be finalized.

However, there are some measures that are already being drafted for proposal as part of the budget cuts for the 2020-21 school year. Starting next school year, Del Val will not be paying for the students’ AP exams as it has done in the past. “We are really the only school in the district that has covered that cost,” Wasserbach said. This decision will save the school $30,000 annually if approved by the BOE.

Another reduction for next school year will be the elimination of the 4 pm “Late Bus” routes that run on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The late buses help students to get home from club meetings and other activities. As these bus routes are likely to be eliminated next year, students will have to consider carpooling with seniors or have to arrange an alternative ride home after their meetings have concluded.

$205
$2000

Your donation will support the student journalists of Delaware Valley Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to attend conventions, purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Writer
Photo of Wyatt Titus
Wyatt Titus, The Delphi Editor

Wyatt Titus is a VERY cool Del Val sophomore currently in his second year of journalism. He is also very interested in movies and the work that goes into them....

The Delphi • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$205
$2000