The end of the beginning

November 19, 2020

10:33: The Celtics are on the clock and select Payton Pritchard, a point guard from Oregon. 2019-20 AP First Team All-American. Pritchard is an excellent scorer and a gifted passer. 

10:37: The Utah Jazz select Udoka Azubuike, a center from Kansas. Azubuike is a gifted defender and a great rebounder. The Jazz has agreed to trade center Tony Bradley and the 38th pick to the Pistons for future considerations and cash. Does Azubuike’s presence mean Gobert is on his way out? Could things be rocky between Gobert and star Donovan Mitchell after the Covid scandal?

10:45: The Lakers are on the clock, and if they’re smart, they will select point guard Tre Jones. But it doesn’t matter because the pick is going to the T’Wolves, and they select Jaden McDaniels, a power forward from Washington. McDaniels has great versatility, a long wingspan, and is a great athlete. 

10:50: The Raptors are now on the clock, and they select Malachi Flynn, a point guard from San Diego State. He is a shot creator and a good playmaker. 

10:56: The Memphis Grizzlies are on the clock and select Desmond Bane, a shooting guard from TCU. Bane has an excellent basketball IQ and is a great shooter. 

That’s all for me, I ain’t doing the second round for two reasons. One, no one will ever read this. And two, who cares about the second round. This draft was a lot better than I thought it would be, highlighting a lot of interesting players with a lot of talent. Let’s see what the teams do with them.

I’m going to the bathroom and then to bed. PEACE!

$205
$2000

About the Writer
Photo of Joe Flynn
Joe Flynn, Sports Editor

Joe is a senior who is interested in sports. His favorite sport is baseball, and his second favorite sport is football. Joe joined The Delphi staff because...

The Delphi • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$205
$2000