Mr. Smith

Mrs. Knapp: Sports and Literature, a class for sport lovers

Next school year, Del Val will be offering new classes to help expand the already extensive list of English courses offered for juniors and seniors. One of these new courses is Sports and Literature.

Mrs. Knapp, who will be teaching Sports and Literature, says the class is ideal for students who are still figuring out their futures, and they are encouraged to join the class to “get the ball rolling!” Sports and Literature is the perfect class to engage all types of students who like both sports and writing.

Sports and Literature will incorporate the themes of a typical English class, with a twist of sports-related content. These include inequalities faced in sports, the power that athletes hold, and a sport’s identity.

“We are really going to hit a little bit of everything,” explained Mrs. Knapp when discussing what the class will entail. It will focus on short stories, poetry, podcasts, and nonfiction works, and it will also cover cultural influences such as the The Olympics. Overall, the class will provide students with a well-rounded introduction to sports literature.

Mrs. Knapp will be able to immerse herself into the class because she grew up watching sports and ran long distance for her track team. This will allow her to create a fun environment where she can connect with her students.

Mrs. Knapp is looking forward to teaching Sports and Literature, and she is excited for the new classes to be implemented next year!

The Delphi • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$205
$2000