The downward spiral

October 28, 2022

2022 hasn’t been the best year for the MCU by a long shot.

Moon Knight‘ was the first Marvel property released this year. The show is boring at times and the protagonist’s main persona (he has multiple), Steven Grant, is annoying. The show would have been better as a movie.

The first film of 2022, ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ released next. The direction and the visuals are impressive, and Wanda is a good villain. The movie, however, is underwhelming. With the title ‘Multiverse of Madness,’ fans expected cool multiverses to be shown. Instead, the main characters goes to a universe with the main differences being that there are flowers everywhere and an empty void. Marvel could’ve done so much more with the concept, but the film presents the bare minimum and features confusing writing.

‘Ms.Marvel’ was the next show to hit Disney+. The first few episodes are good; they feature fun characters and the visuals are exciting. The later episodes become boring, and like ‘Moon Knight,’ it should’ve been a movie.

‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ is a weak movie. Jane Foster becoming Thor and her battle with cancer should’ve been its own movie. There is an even larger problem with the film, though. The movie is too silly. It feels like no one is taking anything seriously and everyone is making dumb jokes. The many jokes in ‘Thor: Ragnarok‘ are okay because most of the movie is set on a goofy planet and with goofy characters.

‘Love and Thunder’ is about Gorr the God Butcher killing gods while Thor is going through an identity crisis while Jane Foster fights cancer. These topics should be taken way more seriously. The film wasn’t as epic as fans expected.

The jokes aren’t for everybody, and a lot of viewers didn’t find the film funny. The movie was underwhelming to say the least.

The most recent release is ‘She-Hulk: Attorney at Law.’ The show’s bad CGI, lame jokes and boring plot make for a bad show. The only cool thing about it was Daredevil’s cameo, and he was a delight to watch.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever‘ is set to release this November, but even if this ends up being the best Marvel movie of 2022, that doesn’t mean much for the MCU.

Many Marvel projects were recently announced, and even though the news is exciting, Disney and Marvel are producing too many projects.

$205
$2000

Your donation will support the student journalists of Delaware Valley Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to attend conventions, purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Writer
Photo of Gihon Warren
Gihon Warren, Reporter

Gihon Warren is a sophomore at Delaware Valley Regional High School. He is an introvert, funny and quiet person. He loves to draw and watch tv shows. He...

The Delphi • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$205
$2000