Del Val held its first, and hopefully not last, Wing Bowl at the winter pep rally. This years pep rally saw Tuffy replaced by a giant chicken in honor of the first annual Wing Bowl competition.
Del Val held its first, and hopefully not last, Wing Bowl at the winter pep rally. This year’s pep rally saw Tuffy replaced by a giant chicken in honor of the first annual Wing Bowl competition.
Lillyana DeMartino

Del Val hosts first Wing Bowl ahead of Gold Rush

The Wing Bowl celebration set the stage for the evening’s Gold Rush wrestling match.

On Jan. 10, Del Val hosted its first Wing Bowl at the winter pep rally to raise money for local food drives.

Six contestants faced off in several rounds to eat as many wings as possible within two minutes. Although, the contestant who raised the most money ahead of the competition got a bye for the first round. 

Later that day, Del Val celebrated the Gold Rush in the Hutch Gym. Gold Rush is an event where students and staff attend, decked out in gold outfits, to support the wrestling team. After last year’s loss, this year’s match had high stakes. As the Terriers face off against Voorhees, will they be able to restart their Gold Rush win streak? Watch the video to find out.