Del Val's Thespians's new fundraiser entertained families while also spreading the Dawg Pound theme with the entire crowd.
Del Val’s Thespians’s new fundraiser entertained families while also spreading the Dawg Pound theme with the entire crowd.
Jocelyn Denné

Thespians host new booth at football games

Categories:

Football season is in full swing at Del Val, and the Thespians brand new art booth is there to help get fans “game ready.”

The Del Val Thespian troupe will be offering face painting and airbrushing for $3 as well as selling temporary tattoos for $2 a piece at each home football game. All of the tattoos will be related to the Dawg Pound theme for each week. 

The next home game will be Del Val’s Homecoming game on Oct. 3. The theme for that game will be the annual “Pink Out” game in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Proceeds from various fundraisers will be donated to support the battle against cancer.

The booth idea was originally brought to the attention of the group by Thespian president Jessica McGlothlin. 

Last year, I saw on social media a national honors society doing face painting at their basketball games,” McGlothlin said. “I thought it would be a great opportunity for our thespians to raise some money and get involved with the whole school community.” 

People have already been loving the booth. USA-themed tattoos were sold at the first home game and made the group nearly $200. 

So far, reactions have been positive and we had a very successful first night,” Thespian advisor Clinton Ambs said. “Now that more people are aware that we will be there at the game, perhaps we will have even more success this weekend. Who doesn’t love face paint and temporary tattoos?”

Be sure to check out this booth, stationed directly across the walkway from the concession stand, starting from the first quarter through halftime.

“I really wanted to pursue this idea because it gets us involved with the community, helps raise money for our program and also helps promote school spirit while supporting the football team, cheerleading squad and the whole student body in itself,” McGlothlin said.

$0
$2000