The farmers market at Alexandria Park will feature a variety of vendors for its last weekend of the year.
Ellie Lyons

Last week of farmers market at Alexandria Park

Sept. 16, 2023 will be the community’s last chance to go to the farmers market at Alexandria Park.

The market features fresh locally grown produce, handmade goods and live music.

The market hosts a variety of local businesses from around the community, running from nine a.m. to noon every Saturday. However, the market will not be continued throughout the fall and winter months.

Kristen’s Kitchen, a local baker from Frenchtown, also sells at the market. (@KristensKitchenFrenchtown)

One of the businesses there is Blue Moon Farm. This farm has been selling at the market since its start this summer. Blue Moon Farm is based out of Bloomsbury, New Jersey. Some of its most popular products according to Jane Rogers, an employee at Blue Moon, are the home grown garlic and handmade soaps.

Another great aspect of the farmers market is the live music. Performer Thomas Johnston can be found performing both covers and original music at the market. Johnston is currently working on his sixth album which will soon be released on all major streaming platforms.

An additional reason to check out the farmers market this weekend is for the great jewelry from Land of Odds N Ends. This quaint jewelry shop consists of a variety of handmade items such as rings, necklaces and earrings. These beautiful hand-crafted products are also available online.

If you are out and about in the Alexandria area this weekend, make sure to check out the farmers market at Alexandria Park. 

• The farmers market at Alexandria Park will feature a variety of vendors for its last weekend of the year.

• This year, the farmers market moved from Holland Township to Alexandria Park.

• Each week, there is live entertainment, like Thomas Johnston.

• Local Farms, like Blue Moon Farms, offer some of the freshest produce available.

• Kristen’s Kitchen will satisfy the sweet tooth of anyone looking for fresh baked desserts.

• The farmers market also features handcrafted jewelry, like those from Land of Odds N Ends.