Julia Burchill’s Rolled Ginger Cookies
5 C. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 C. shortening
1 C. sugar
1 C. molasses
2 Tbsp. vinegar
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Stir flour, soda, spices, and 1/2 tsp salt together.
- Whisk shortening for 30 sec.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, molasses and vinegar and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to mixture and beat well.
- Cover, and chill for 3 hours to overnight.
- Divide dough into thirds to 1/8 thickness.
- Cut into shapes and place 1 in. apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 5-6 minutes. Cool for 1-2 min.
Donate to The Delphi