Del Val senior girls basketball players excited for season

Meet the seniors

“The Delphi” got in contact with the senior players on Del Val’s girls basketball team to see how they’re viewing their final season.

Linsey Godown
Linsey Godown

Linsey Godown plays both point guard and guard for the Terriers.

Godown has played basketball throughout middle school and for all four years at Del Val. Although she does not plan on playing after high school, she is looking forward to her final season.

“I’m excited,” said Godown. “I think we are going to have a really good team. I have good friendships and have good teammates. I think we are going to be the best that we have been over my years here.”

Godown advises younger players to work hard and practice because it will help them in the end.

Courtney Janetzko
Courtney Janetzko

Courtney Janetzko is a center and forward for Del Val.

Her basketball career began in middle school and continued through high school.

Janetzko admits that basketball can come with some challenges.

”Keeping a positive attitude throughout the whole season can be hard because it’s a long one, and not getting frustrated when you make mistakes because everyone makes them [is important],” said Janetzko.

It is currently half way through of Janetzko’s final season at Del Val.

“It’s going pretty well right now,” said Janetzko. “I think it’s definitely going to hit harder once it starts getting to the end of the season and realizing it’s my last, but it’s going to be a good season.”

Janetzko advises other players to put in the work now because it will all pay off in the end.  

Katelyn Moschberger
Katelyn Moschberger

Katelyn Moschberger has played basketball since she was seven, and this will be her last season.

Moschberger shared how she feels about this being her last season.

“It’s fun, but it’s also sad at the same time because you’re not playing after, so it’s hard to keep going,” said Moschberger.

Throughout her career, Moschberger has had to overcome some difficult aspects of the game. She found that learning the plays and not getting frustrated with herself can prove to be a challenge.

Moschberg shared advice for younger players.

“Play when you can because as you get older you’re not going to get as many opportunities, so do it all while you can,” said Moschberger.

Schedule

If you are interested in coming to watch any games, here is the schedule.