The Delphi celebrates its top 10 most-viewed stories of the year.
“The Delphi” celebrates its top 10 most-viewed stories of the year.
Maggie Davis

“The Delphi’s” top 10 stories of 2023

10. ‘Behind The Backline:’ episode 2
10. ‘Behind The Backline:’ episode 2

Coming at number 10 is episode 2 of “Behind the Backline.”

In this episode, Editor-in-chief and anchor Veronica Hart, is joined by Ms. Eckhardt, a student assistance counselor, as well as Ms. Matlee, a mental health counselor, to break down the relation between substance abuse amongst teens and the rock and metal they listen to.

9. PSATs go digital on Oct. 11
9. PSATs go digital on Oct. 11

Reporters Emma Haig and Dani Newman inform the Terriers about the Oct. 2023 PSATs.

This article explains not only the dates and times for the test, but also why students take it.

Go check it out here.

8. Junior volleyball star passes another milestone

Features Editor, Sadie Swanson, recognizes the junior captain of the volleyball team, Abbey Bivona, for another breakthrough in her career.

This article provide details of the team’s success and an interview from the star athlete herself.

You can read it here.

7. Senior captain Katie Krynanski sets high expectations for Del Val Volleyball

Sports Editor, Abbey Bivona, acknowledges the senior captain of the volleyball team and her successes in this feature.

To learn more about captain Kate Krynanski, click here.

6. Frenchtown Bookshop stands up to local government

Gianna Roberts, managing editor of “The Delphi,” investigates the legal troubles a local bookstore faces.

This article is not only ranked number 6, but it is also a Best of SNO winning piece.

To discover the truth, read the article here.

5. Senator Menendez indicted on bribery charges, needs to resign

This opinion piece, written by Gianna Roberts, dives into the charges a New Jersey senator faces and what they mean.

Including an interview from the AP Government teacher and a poll, this article is definitely worth reading.

4. Homecoming football game a rainy victory

Reporter Ella Gevonese covers the annual Homecoming football game and the details of a Terrier win.

To read more, click here.

3. Behind the Backline episode three: Sarah Holmes of Vixen 77

In this episode of “Behind the Backline,” host Veronica Hart is accompanied by Sarah Holmes, a Del Val alum and punk rock drummer.

Together they discuss women in punk rock music.

Listen here.

2. Second annual Del Val Job Fair
2. Second annual Del Val Job Fair

In this showcase, Terriers found the participating employers, job openings and links to learn about the 2nd Annual Job Fair at Del Val.

Read more here.

Governor Murphy makes ‘electrifying’ announcement

The top article of 2023, an opinion article written by Ellen Jordan, breaks down Governor Murphy’s plan for the future of gas-powered vehicles.

To dissect the meaning behind this “electrifying” announcement, click here.