The Student News Site of Delaware Valley Regional High School

The Delphi

The Delphi

The Delphi

Polls

What movie are you most excited for this summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Recent Sports Scores

Senior captain Katie Kraynanski sets high expectations for Del Val Volleyball

Kate Kraynanski hit two career milestones on Sept. 21 against Rutgers Prep. (Photo via @delvalvolleyball)

Del Val’s volleyball team continues its impressive season as senior volleyball captain Katie Kraynanski has reached an impressive milestone this volleyball season.

During a game against Rutgers Prep on Sept. 21, Kraynanski was recognized for her achievement of 100 career kills and 100 career digs. 

Kraynanski was quick to mention who helped her along the way

“Coach Fleming, my club coaches, and my older sister all helped me reach this milestone,” said Kraynanski. “They are the people who taught me how to hit and constantly worked with me to become a better outside hitter until I was able to reach that milestone.” 

A two-year varsity player, Kraynanski has been thriving in her volleyball career as she’s constantly contributing to the team on and off the court. A very dedicated player, Kraynanski says her commitment to never giving up was all the motivation she needed to achieve this milestone. 

“I would encourage other people to continue to strive for what they want and do their best at achieving their goals even when it seems impossible,” said Kraynanski. “You can do anything if you put your mind to it.” 

Head volleyball coach Erin Fleming spoke about Kraynanski’s performance as a player.

I would encourage other people to continue to strive for what they want and do their best at achieving their goals even when it seems impossible. You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

— Katie Kraynanski

“Katie is a key player for us this year,” said Fleming. “As a varsity returner, she is very positive but still competitive. She is a natural leader both on and off the court, and she works hard for her accomplishments. She should be very proud of her milestone.” 

Del Val Volleyball has had a successful season so far. 

“The volleyball team has been doing amazing,” said Fleming. “This season we moved up a division because of our growing rank, meaning we are facing very difficult teams. However, we are still one of the top leaders in the division with a record of 8-4.” 

Reaching the halfway point in the volleyball season, Del Val volleyball has many more achievements and milestones to hit amongst the players. Shooting for their fourth sectional title, Fleming has very high hopes for the girls, but it all comes down to the connection between the players. 

“We hope to keep meeting these milestones for players individually, but my biggest goal for the season is for the team to really come together,” said Fleming. “There is so much talent there; they can unblock so much more if we can work together and really find our groove.”

With two more home games this season, on Oct. 12 and 24, Del Val volleyball’s regular season is coming near to an end, and with confidence from both the coach and captain, the team will only continue to grow and improve, adding another successful season to the books.