Polls

What movie are you most excited for this summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Recent Sports Scores

Junior volleyball star passes another milestone

@delvalvolleyball
Bivona is surrounded by her teammates as she is recognized for her 300 kills.

Del Val volleyball has had an incredible year so far, with a record of 7-3, and the team’s spirit is at a high. Players have been crushing milestones left and right. 

Junior Captain, Abbey Bivona, has already surpassed two milestones this season, with just a little less than a month left. Her first milestone was reaching 200 digs in her high school career, and this past week, she surpassed 300 kills for the school team.

“Having a team that works as well as we do all together really helps these milestones come easily,” said Bivona. “I’m a junior, and to have reached this level of achievement already this season really shows the teamwork that goes into the game.”

Having people that I can have fun with, on and off court, really helps my love for the sport.

— Abbey Bivona

Bivona has been a varsity starter since her freshman year, and she has always played middle, yet she dabbles in outside as well.

Not only does she play for the school team, but she also plays with a team outside of school with Central Jersey Volleyball Association called 17 Black. 

Her club team travels across the country, mostly in the tristate area: New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. She plays middle on that team as well, as she’s committed to the position. 

Bivona was elected as a captain for Del Val’s team as a junior, and she looks forward to working with her other captains to lead this team to another title.

“I love the sport, and I love this team,” said Bivona. “Having people that I can have fun with, on and off court, really helps my love for the sport. The girls on the team are some of my best friends, and I never would’ve known them if it hadn’t been for the team.”

With just three home games left in the regular season, the clock is ticking to see Bivona play. She just needs 11 more blocks to hit 100, so be sure to come out and support Bivona and Del Val Volleyball.