The Student News Site of Delaware Valley Regional High School

The Delphi

The Delphi

The Delphi

Quiz

What flower are you?

There was an error. Please try again.

6 Total Questions

Recent Results
Select a Sport
Delaware Valley Regional High School
3
Warren Hills
10
May 14 / Softball
Delaware Valley Regional High School
5
Voorhees
16
May 14 / Lacrosse
Delaware Valley Regional High School
8
Belvidere
1
May 14 / Baseball

Wrestler Anderson Olcott accepted to Princeton

Ella Genovese
Anderson Olcott joined by his parents at DVR Wrestling Senior Night.

Senior Anderson Olcott plans to continue his academic and athletic career at Princeton University.

Olcott has been involved in many different clubs and activities throughout his years at Del Val. When it comes to athletics, he has been a defensive captain for the football team and captain of the wrestling team. Olcott was also the parliamentarian for National Honor Society, senior class vice president and a peer leader.

Olcott knew how hard Princeton University was to get into, with only a six percent acceptance rate, but he knew he wanted to take that chance.

“I had many backup options,” Olcott said. “Princeton was my only reach school, and I just took a chance and applied.”

Olcott plans to take a pre-med route, majoring in biology.

“I am interested in emergency medicine and will be obtaining my EMT certification over the summer,” Olcott said.

As well as his excellent academic achievements, Olcott will be continuing his wrestling journey.

“I chose to continue it [wrestling] because I constantly have to be active and doing something,” Olcott said. “Otherwise, I become bored quickly if I am not occupied…. My plan was to wrestle in college even before I was accepted.”

“The Delphi” congratulates Olcott for this major accomplishment.