Recent Results
Poll

What is your favorite winter sport?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Just finishing up their junior season, these four captains are preparing for an even better senior season.
Girls lacrosse captains wrap up 2024 season
Riley Campbell, Reporter • May 30, 2024
Round two of the Stanley Cup playoffs are in the books, and round three is set to decide who will compete for the Cup.
Round two of the Stanley Cup playoffs
Sadie Swanson, Features Editor • May 29, 2024

Del Val Baseball hits it out of park on Senior Night

Defeats Belvidere 13-4
Senior+boys+join+reporter+Benjamin+Boschen+after+a+big+win+on+Senior+Night+%28Photo+via+Billy+Gregson%29.+
Senior boys join reporter Benjamin Boschen after a big win on Senior Night (Photo via Billy Gregson).

Del Val’s boys seniors came out strong on senior night with a 13-4 win over Belvidere.

The seniors were honored to start the night. Shortly after, former Belvidere graduate and current Del Val principal Michael Kays would throw out the first pitch.

Senior Kevin Hults got the start for the Terriers, who pitched two innings with 3 strikeouts and 3 walks. Junior Jack Hancsin came in to pitch in the top of the third inning.

The Del Val bats got hot to start the game, and they would not stop as they would put up 14 runs over the course of 6 innings.

One of the more significant plays of the night when sophomore Cooper Fransen hit a bases-clearing double with two outs to drive in 3 runs for the Terriers. Fransen also walked in the game and had a stolen base.

Some honorable mentions would be senior Jared Leeds who went 2-5 with 3 runs batted in, a double and a score. Senior Keith Polin went 1-3 in the game with a double, run batted in and 2 scores.

Junior Jack Hancsin came back out in the 7th to close the game out and give the Terriers a big win in front of the Dawg Pound on a Friday night. His final line for the night was 5 innings, 9 strike outs, no walks and 3 earned runs.

“[It] felt good to help the team to a big win on senior night,” Hancsin said.

The seniors gave it their all in this game, and it was proved by the win.

Senior Jack Reardon would get the game MVP, an award that Coach White gives out after every game. Reardon would go 3-4 at the plate with 2 RBIs, a walk and a run.

Reardon described “the huddle after the game, and the atmosphere the team brought” as his favorite parts of the night.

For the schedule and the stats for the rest of the games going forward, make sure to check out the Del Val Baseball website.