Recent Results
Upcoming Games
Select a Sport
Delaware Valley Regional High School
Mt. St. Mary’s
Apr 27 /10:00 A.M. / Girls Lacrosse
Delaware Valley Regional High School
Nottingham
Apr 27 /10:00 am / Softball
Delaware Valley Regional High School
North Warren Regional
Apr 27 /10:00am / Baseball
Poll

What is your favorite winter sport?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Eagles VS Packers
Touchdown in São Paulo: Eagles launch 2024 NFL season with international flair
Tyler McGuire, Reporter • April 24, 2024
The puck drops this weekend for the Stanley Cup finals.
Looking ahead at the Stanley Cup 2024
Sadie Swanson, Features Editor • April 17, 2024

Del Val Boy’s Basketball Preseason

Ben Boschen
Del Val boys basketball is set to start its season at home on Dec. 12 in the Hutch.

The Terriers had a very successful season last year with a record of 23-4. Now, they look ahead to play better and place higher in the 2023-24 season.

During the offseason, the team moved up in conferences and divisions, so now the Terriers will face harder competition. However, the future looks bright as the team is very optimistic about its chances this season. 

In an interview with head coach Michael DePaolo, he said that he has a lot of confidence in the team and he feels like they have a good chance at playing at the same level they did last year, if not better. He did say losing Justin Kolpan and Shane Young was a big loss, but he expects people to step up and fill in their spots.

“Every player has their chance to get their spot,” DePaolo said.

DePaolo mentioned that Patrick O’Boyle has been putting in a lot of work. Danny Shapiro is moving from the bench to the starting line up. Jack Reardon, Eric Klemmer, and Frankie Denvir will also return to the starting line up.

Frankie Denver is only a few games away from hitting 1,000 career points. With such a huge milestone, DePaolo believes that Frankie will hit the milestone soon and play a big role on the team this year. 

Denvir mentioned that the team can have a good run this season, and he has a lot of confidence in the team. Denvir played AAU basketball over the summer and had fall workouts with the team. Denvir currently has an offer from Wilkes University and more schools are looking at him.

With high hopes from the head coach and star player, Del Val boy’s basketball is looking to have a very competitive and successful season.

“Don’t be surprised when we are better than anyone expected,” Denvir said.

The Terriers open their season on Dec. 14 with a home game against Somerville. The game will be at 7:00 p.m. in the Hutch.