Recent Results
Upcoming Games
Select a Sport
Delaware Valley Regional High School
Mt. St. Mary’s
Apr 27 /10:00 A.M. / Girls Lacrosse
Delaware Valley Regional High School
Nottingham
Apr 27 /10:00 am / Softball
Delaware Valley Regional High School
North Warren Regional
Apr 27 /10:00am / Baseball
Poll

What is your favorite winter sport?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Eagles VS Packers
Touchdown in São Paulo: Eagles launch 2024 NFL season with international flair
Tyler McGuire, Reporter • April 24, 2024
The puck drops this weekend for the Stanley Cup finals.
Looking ahead at the Stanley Cup 2024
Sadie Swanson, Features Editor • April 17, 2024

Del Val Wrestling Senior Night ends in victory

Ella Genovese
Senior Anderson Olcott helped to lead the Terriers to victory over Watchung Hills on Senior Night in the Hutch.

On Jan. 17, 2024, the Del Val Terriers kicked off Senior Night against the Watchung Hills Warriors.

The Hutch was filled with many Del Val members and the community to celebrate this year’s senior wrestlers.

Bout one was 132 lbs between Matt Roche for Del Val and Max Shaferman for Watchung Hills.

Roche started off fast, aggressive and full of energy, but as round two came around, the Warriors had a new burst of energy, putting Roche on defense.

In the third round Roche won by a technical fall, and the final score of the bout was 5-0 Del Val.

Bout two was 138 lb: Michael Hasson for Del Val and Jordan Bash for the Warriors. Both wrestlers were evenly matched at the beginning, but the Warriors gained control toward the end of round one.

Del Val made a quick comeback before Watchung Hills quickly took it back, increasing the score 8-2. At the end of round three, the final score was 5-3.

Up next was 144 lb: Jackson Bush for Del Val and Nick Valenti for Watchung Hills.

This was an aggressive match from Del Val, and Bush won in round two with a technical fall for Del Val; the team score was now 10-3.

The fourth bout was between Ben Levy for Del Val and Ryan Higgins for Watchung Hills at 150 lbs.

This was a mainly even match, but the Warriors were eventually forced out of bounds.

Bout five featured Mitchell Sutter for Del Val and Cody Pritzlaff for the Warriors at 157 lbs.

The Dawg Pound showed Sutter its support, but Watchung Hills came out stronger and faster to start the bout. Throughout the three rounds, the Warriors dominated the majority of the bout winning by major decision, 11-3, with the team score being 16-7.

The sixth bout was 165 lbs between Luke Sinkiewicz for Del Val and Artun Kirgezmis for the Warriors. Both wrestlers were incredibly fast, but Del Val controlled round one 5-0, and round two ended quickly with a pin by Sinkiewicz: 22-7 Del Val.

Bout seven was 175 lb between Del Val’s Auggie Savacool and Watchung Hills’ Patrick Coleman.

In under two minutes Savacool has Coleman pinned, winning the round.

The eighth bout was 190 lb: Del Val’s Kevin Roman versus Watchung Hills’ Alejandro Dilone.

The Terriers showed dominance early, pinning Watchung Hills in under two minutes once again, with Del Val leading 34-7.

At 216 lbs, the Terriers’ Anderson Olcott faced the Warriors’ Jake Cafaro.

Olcott showed control over the match, getting Cafaro to the mat easily. With a minute to go in bout two, Cafaro took a risk but Olcott countered and won by Technical Fall, putting Del Val ahead 39-7.

At 285 lbs, Kyle Cook for Del Val faced off against Kenneth Ferrari for Watchung Hills. Quickly into round two, the Terriers had another pin.

Tristan Fawthrop for Del Val and Jacob Richardson for Watchung Hills met at 106 lbs. Richardson took control for the first round, but the crowd cheered on Fawthrop. Watchung Hills won the bout: Del Val 45-11.

Bout 12 saw 113 lbs Lucas Beyers for Del Val wrestle Morgan Torres for the Warriors. After a tight round two, Del Val was able to get back their control in round three, and Beyers won by decision.

120 lbs featured Jake Taylor for Del Val and Cameron Kolakowski for Watchung Hills. Coach Fitz and wrestler Matt Roche were motivating Taylor during this even, low scoring bout. With under 20 seconds left, Taylor scored two points and won by decision.

For the final bout, 126 lb Terrier Jaden Perez faced Warrior Vincent Glynos. After controlling round one, Perez managed to pin Glynos in round two.

Del Val won Senior Night 57-11.