Recent Results
Upcoming Games
Select a Sport
Delaware Valley Regional High School
Rutgers Prep
Apr 29 /4:00 P.M. / Girls Lacrosse
Delaware Valley Regional High School
Middlesex
Apr 29 /4:00 pm / Softball
Delaware Valley Regional High School
Belvidere
Apr 30 /4:00 pm / Softball
Poll

What is your favorite winter sport?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Eagles VS Packers
Touchdown in São Paulo: Eagles launch 2024 NFL season with international flair
Tyler McGuire, Reporter • April 24, 2024
The puck drops this weekend for the Stanley Cup finals.
Looking ahead at the Stanley Cup 2024
Sadie Swanson, Features Editor • April 17, 2024

Fitz quits coaching job after his wrestlers beat him

Lillyana DeMartino
Coach Fitz is stepping away from the team after years of dedicated coaching.

After a long and action-packed wrestling season, Andy Fitz, Delaware Valley’s head wrestling coach, has decided to temporarily turn his duties over to Mr. Woodland.

Fitz has been the head coach of the Del Val wrestling program for 17 years. Until recently he has led a successful team who has been in the state finals six times and currently has a top-three New Jersey state player. 

Though his decision may seem unnecessary, a recent poll conducted by “The Delphi” discovered that the majority of Del Val students seem to support Fitz’s decision. However the one question that remains is what pushed him to suddenly quit?

After speaking with a few of the boys wrestlers, Mr. Fitz had jokingly taken on one of them in an attempt to show off  his capabilities to them; however, he quickly regretted his actions after not 1, but 54 out of his 57 boys wrestlers had successfully pinned him; most in under a minute.

“My boys weren’t acting like 50/50 athletes, so I decided to go against one in hopes that they would recognize just how powerful I am,” Fitz said. “Unfortunately, I came to find that I am in fact not a 50/50 athlete myself and I hang my head in shame as I now return home at the end of day during the winter season, along with the rest of the non-athletes.”

Without coaching, Fitz has an approximated 40 extra hours of free time per week. He noted that he plans to explore various activities such as walking on the treadmill and playing the ukulele on the rooftop.

As of now, there has been no word on who his replacement will be, but stay on the lookout for the Del Val Wrestling 2024-2025 head coach announcement.