Polls

What is your favorite Taylor Swift album from this decade?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Recent Sports Scores

Del Val predicts Super Bowl winner

Ben Boschen
Del Val students and staff are split when it comes to their opinions on this year’s Super Bowl contenders.

The 2023 NFL season is underway, and Del Val students already have their ideas of who they think is going to hoist the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the season.

The Del Val student body thinks the Eagles are going to win the big game with the team getting 20.5% percent of the votes. The next closest team is the 49ers and the Packers, both with 12.8% of the votes. Surprisingly, the Chiefs, who are the favorites on many sports websites, only got 7.7% of the votes from Del Val students.

Around the country, many fans think the Chiefs are the favorites to win with the Eagles right behind them. Last season ended in heartbreak for the Eagles after coming up just short to the Chiefs in a thriller with a score of 38-35.

On the NFC side of the league, the Eagles are the favorites to win the conference, but the 49ers are going to give them a run for their money. Even though those two teams are the two favorites there, are some other teams that stand a chance. A dark horse that has a lot of people excited is the Lions. The Cowboys and the Seahawks are also in the running for the right to play in the Super Bowl.

In the AFC, the Chiefs are favored to win it again, which would be there fourth conference championship in six years. Before the season opened, the Jets were a favorite, but after Aaron Rodgers tore his achilles, the Jets road gets even tougher. The Chiefs aren’t the only team that could make it as the Bills, Ravens, Bengals and Dolphins all have people’s attention to win. 

With week five in the books, a lot can still change. Only time will tell who will win the big game.