The Student News Site of Delaware Valley Regional High School

The Delphi

The Delphi

The Delphi

Polls

What movie are you most excited for this summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Recent Sports Scores

Texas Rangers win 2023 World Series

Staff Sgt. Tyler J. Bolken
Four Reserve Citizen Airmen from the 924th Fighter Group of the 944th Fighter Wing conducted a flyover with four A-10C Thunderbolt II Warthogs over game four of the Major League Baseball World Series at Chase Field in Phoenix, Ariz., Oct. 31, 2023. The 56th Fighter Wing Color Guard from Luke Air Force Base presented the colors during the opening ceremonies of the game as well. (U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Tyler J. Bolken)

The MLB World Series has come to a end, wrapping up a crazy and exciting season.

This year’s World Series champions are the Texas Rangers. Before the season, the Rangers were not expected to do much, but they came into this season with the hope and determination to win. It was a tough journey, but they made it. 

The Rangers would end up beating the Diamondbacks in five games winning game one, three, four and five to bring home the first World Series in Rangers history. Before this season, the Rangers were one of the six teams that had not won a championship, along with the Rays, Rockies, Mariners, Padres and Brewers. 

Game one was a instant classic. The Diamondbacks had a 5-3 lead in the bottom of the ninth when Corey Seager would hit a two-run home run to tie the game at five a piece. Then in the bottom of the 11th, Adolis Garcia would hit a walk-off home run to give the Rangers a game one win with a final score of 6-5. 

Game two was less eventful with the Diamondbacks winning 9-1. Merrill Kelly would go seven innings and only give up one run in a one-sided affair. Little did the Diamondbacks know this would be their only win of the series. 

Game three would be a close game were the Rangers would win 3-1 and Corey Seager hit a two-run home run to give them the win. 

In game four, the Rangers would win 11-7 in a high scoring game, and again Corey Seager would hit a home run farther adding to his amazing postseason. 

In game five, the Rangers would close out the series with a 5-0 win to get their first World Series title.

Corey Seager would win the World Series MVP, which was well deserved. Over the corse of the playoffs, he would bat a .318 batting average, hit six home runs, 12 RBIs and 21 hits. 

Entering the offseason, a lot can change. Free agency is set to begin soon, so there could be a lot of change, but for now, the Rangers are World Series champions.