Polls

What is your favorite Taylor Swift album from this decade?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Recent Sports Scores

Ceramics teacher Jason Farnsworth receives incredible honor

Rick Epstein
Jason Farnsworth is a veteran art teacher at Del Val.

This past October, Del Val’s ceramics teacher, Jason Farnsworth, received the honor of being the Creative and Performing Arts Scholar Ceramic Artist-in-Residence at Lafayette College for the fall semester.

“Sculpture professor [of Lafayette] Nestor Armando Gil reached out to me,” said Farnsworth. “He was looking for someone to help assist with his ceramics students.”

His term started at the beginning of Lafayette’s fall semester, and his term will end in December. Farnsworth said that he doesn’t think the college was actively looking for someone to fill the role, nor was he actively trying to obtain the position, however they found him and his work.

Farnsworth explained the job as being an aide to the students while also being able create his own work.

“I have the opportunity to be in their studio space, work on my own work, when I have the time, and assist the students in their creative endeavors,” said Farnsworth.

He meets with the students in the evening or on weekends to help them with things such as loading the kiln or personal projects. 

According to Farnsworth, a goal of the students at Lafayette was to create a better workspace, and the students, with him as their advisor, have successfully worked towards creating a more efficient space.

He explained that the position is an opportunity for him to keep working creatively while also experiencing another level and atmosphere of art.

“It’s a rather prestigious college, so it’s an honor to be asked to be there,” said Farnsworth.

View Comments (1)
$205
$2000