The Student News Site of Delaware Valley Regional High School

The Delphi

The Delphi

The Delphi

Polls

What is your favorite Taylor Swift album from this decade?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Recent Sports Scores

Del Val high school enforces new rule regarding uniforms

Students and teachers are ecstatic
Vivian Hendricks
This sketch details the proposed design of the new school uniforms.

One of the most controversial topics involving schools today is uniforms; should students be required to wear them? 

20% of schools in America require students to wear uniforms. Studies have shown that uniforms decrease distractions and increase focus on schoolwork. 

It has also been proven that forcing students to adhere to a strict dress code teaches them to follow rules. Enforcing uniforms is a fantastic way to establish discipline among students. 

Parents have also noticed less stress in their households, as their children don’t have to worry about fitting in with clothing trends and taking forever to decide what to wear in the morning. 

Not only do school uniforms create a sense of organization, but also a sense of unity. Schools where students are required to wear uniforms have noticed decreases in bullying and people feeling left out.

Recently, the Del Val administration passed a new school rule stating that students must now wear uniforms after hearing about all the positive influences it could have. 

Students, teachers, and parents are all thrilled to hear about this new addition.

But wait! There’s more…

Del Val has realized that blue and gold has gotten old. The new uniform colors are… (drum roll please) teal and brown! 

Yes, you read correctly. We are putting our own twist on the school colors and incorporating teal jumpsuits with brown, buckled shoes into our students’ everyday lives. 

“I’m so excited to rock this uniform all day, every day,” sophomore Melanie Tramo said. 

“I agree! Finally something to look forward to at school,” sophomore Maggie Davis said. 

Make sure to answer the poll above to let us know what you think about the new uniforms!