Del Val Prom to be held this April!

Gabriella Maffie, The Delphi Editor, Class of '19

It’s an exciting time of year! Spring break is slowly approaching, and so is the prom. This year, prom is being held on Friday April 12, 2019. The night begins at 6:00 p.m. and comes to a close at 10:00 p.m. As in previous years, it will be hosted at the Bridgewater Marriott. The tickets have been sold on four separate dates during unit lunch, attracting lines  of students waiting to get one of their own. Students are anxiously anticipating the event, planning the perfect places for pictures with friends. The first hour of the event is often spent in the lobby area for appetizers before being sent into the ballroom. During this time, students  find themselves taking even more pictures with their friends, while others continue to check in.

In order to check in, students must have their student IDs with them. Ms. Romeo told The Delphi to remind students that if you are bringing an out-of-district guest, you must be sure to have the paperwork turned in before prom night so they may be admitted to the event. Out-of-district guests will also have to provide either an ID or driver’s license for admission. Once the night officially begins, there will be a buffet-style meal while the DJ plays awesome music and takes requests for which songs students want to hear! Later in the evening is the announcement of the prom king, queen, prince and princess. This usually takes place around 9:00 p.m. according to Ms. Romeo. If anyone has a song suggestion they would like to have played for the prom court to dance to, feel free to reach out to either Ms. Romeo or Mrs. Grady.

Some students may be wondering what time to arrive to the prom or whether they should come early. The event starts at 6:00 p.m., but since parking is a bit of a challenge, you may want to come early if you intend to drive yourself.  Another question some students might ask is whether you can leave the prom and come back in. The answer to this question is no; once you leave the event, there is no re-entry, so be sure not to forget anything in your car!

Some of the changes to the prom this year are that the event is in April, and it is on a Friday night as opposed to a Saturday night. On this date, Del Val will be having a half day of classes for students. Table selection will take place on March 26 for seniors and March 27 for juniors. Students can pick a seat for themselves and for his or her date for the evening (no matter the grade level). For a point of reference, tables seat ten people, as in previous years.  If you have any questions about the prom or any song suggestions, feel free to reach out to either Ms. Romeo or Mrs. Grady. It’s bound to be a fun night!