DV football season underway

Sadie Swanson, Editor

Delaware Valley football is back for the 2022 season, and after a successful season last year, they’re more ready than ever.

Varsity coach, Micheal Haughey, alternates his team between the field and the weight room, working on their skills, and upgrading their strength. 

“We’ve got a lot of new faces on the offensive line and defensive line,” said Haughey. “With how those units come together and work as a team is how we’re going to be the most successful.”

Haughey has his quarterback, Jack Bill, returning for his third year on varsity, as well as his returning running back, Patrick Garlinghouse. 

Football is one of the most popular sports at Del Val, and there are over 60 players on the team. 

This year, Haughey has 14 seniors on varsity, including Nick Catino, Joey Kletter, Joe Corvino and Justin Kolpan. 

The team already has a record of 3-1, including a win against Voorhees, finishing the night with a score of 38 to 7.

The team also beat New Providence in the home opener, the team who knocked Del Val out of the playoffs last year. This year, the Terriers found redemption. 

Tickets for the Oct. 7 Homecoming game can be bought at the door. Student tickets with proof of ID are $3, and they are $4 for those who are not students. The theme for the student section will be announced soon, and the team wants to see all of you there to cheer on the team.

“The Dawg Pound at the game really electrifies the atmosphere and fires the team up,” said Corvino.