“Back to Broadway with Bart: heroes, villains and dreamers”

DVRHS Fine Arts Department

Broadway’s Bart Shatto will take the stage with Del Val students as part of a fundraiser.

Juliana Findeis, The Delphi Staff

Delaware Valley Regional High School is bringing back guest performances after 10 long years without them.

Theater teacher Clinton Ambs and the Fine Arts department encourage the community to attend a benefit show featuring Broadway star Bart Shatto, who will be performing a variety of songs alongside DVRHS performing arts students.

‘Back to Broadway with Bart: Heroes, Villains, and Dreamers’ is a benefit concert supporting the Del Val theater program and the fall play, ‘Puffs,’ which is parody of J.K. Rowling’s ‘Harry Potter’ series.  The $15 general admission will go straight towards funding the play, which premieres on Nov. 18.  Tickets to the ‘Back to Broadway’ performance are available online at the DVRHS website or at the door.

Bart Shatto has had a successful career as a performer on Broadway, television, film and commercials. Most notably, he has performed in ‘Les Miserables,’ ‘War Paint,’ ‘Hands on a Hard Body’ and ‘Dracula.’  Shatto has also been a featured singer on the Trans Siberian Orchestra’s national tour.

It will be an evening of fun, enchantment, Broadway musical theater and story telling from the world of Broadway and (Bart Shatto’s) experiences.

— Clint Ambs

Shatto will be bringing students onto the stage to perform solos, duets and small group numbers. Patrons will hear a variety of popular Broadway songs, which could include ‘Don Quixote (Man of La Mancha),’ ‘The Imposible Dream,’ ‘Valjean’s Soliloquy (Les Miserables)’ and ‘Bring Him Home.’

“The audience should expect an awesome show full of killer performances by Bart as well as solos and duets featuring students from Del Val, ” said Ambs.

Del Val originally contacted Bart Shatto last spring in an attempt to make a benefit concert happen.  Circumstances caused the concert to be pushed off to the fall when more people could attend.

Del Val’s benefit concert, ‘Back to Broadway with Bart: Heroes, Villains, and Dreamers,’ will take place next Wed., Nov. 2 at 7 pm.

“It will be an evening of fun, enchantment, Broadway musical theater and story telling from the world of Broadway and (Bart Shatto’s) experiences,” said Ambs.