The Student News Site of Delaware Valley Regional High School

The Delphi

The Delphi

The Delphi

Recent Results
Upcoming Games
Select a Sport
Delaware Valley Regional High School
Mt. St. Mary’s
Apr 27 /10:00 A.M. / Girls Lacrosse
Delaware Valley Regional High School
Nottingham
Apr 27 /10:00 am / Softball
Delaware Valley Regional High School
North Warren Regional
Apr 27 /10:00am / Baseball
Poll

What is your favorite winter sport?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Eagles VS Packers
Touchdown in São Paulo: Eagles launch 2024 NFL season with international flair
Tyler McGuire, Reporter • April 24, 2024
The puck drops this weekend for the Stanley Cup finals.
Looking ahead at the Stanley Cup 2024
Sadie Swanson, Features Editor • April 17, 2024

Homecoming weekend is a carnival

Riley Campbell
Find your tickets on the Del Val website as soon as possible!

Clear your calendars for this year’s Homecoming dance on September 30 from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. 

Get your homecoming tickets now, as they are only sold online, and no tickets will be sold at the door. Sales close Friday, Sept. 29, at 11:59 p.m. Scan the QR code on the Del Val homepage to buy yours today.

Student Council has planned for the dance to have a carnival theme.

“The carnival theme seems really unique,” said senior Bridget Conlon. “It is really different from our past themes and other school’s themes.”

For those who don’t want to be on the dance floor all night, Student Council advisor Mr. Fortino shared that there will be carnival games with prizes for the students to win while at the dance.

You also want to get ready for the best food you will ever have at a homecoming dance. The menu for the dance will also consist of carnival-inspired foods.

“There’s an outside vendor that is doing basic carnival foods like french fries, chicken tenders, and funnel cake,” said Fortino.

Homecoming Weekend Information

This is a new idea for the Homecoming dance, and students are already excited. Who doesn’t feel nostalgia for funnel cake?

For those with food restrictions, there will be two peanut-free vendors, as well as one gluten free. 

In order to attend, students need to be present in school on Friday or have a professional note.

“Students must be present and arrive prior to 10am on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023 in order to attend the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, Sept. 30, 2023 as our per our Attendance Policy,” said Principal Michael Kays in an email to parents. “If students are absent on that day, they must bring in a professional note to the Main Office prior to 2:26pm on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023 in order to attend the dance. Students will not be permitted to leave and return.”

Ms. Kari Gursky sent out further information via email on Sept. 29.

“All students and their guests will need to enter the building through the doors by the Gold Gym,” said Gursky in the email. “All attendees need to show a school (photo) ID to be admitted to the dance – don’t forget your digital ticket!”

Get your tickets and get excited for this fun-filled Homecoming weekend. Go Terriers!