PSAT exam arrives at Del Val on October 16

Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors to take national exam next week

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Logo for the PSAT/NMSQT Exam, presented by CollegeBoard and the National Merit Scholarship Corporation

Photo via Wikimedia Commons under Creative Commons license

The PSAT exam is fast approaching, and Mrs. Sterbenc has some advice to help the student body have a positive, stress-free day on the 16th. The PSAT often causes stress for those who don’t understand what the test is used for. Mrs. Sterbenc wants students to know that the PSATs are only used for the school to track student progress for freshmen and sophomores, and for juniors it is used to help students qualify for college scholarships. Colleges will not look at a student’s PSAT scores when they apply for admission.

Although the test is not part of the college application process, students should still try their best on this test. On October 16th, be sure to have your student ID, a pencil, and your own handheld calculator. Remember to bring a snack, preferably nut free. The Delphi staff hopes that everyone participating tries their best, doesn’t stress too much, and has a positive experience.

If you have any questions, please reach out to your English or Math teachers or to your guidance counselor.