Del Val Pep Rally 2023

On Friday, Sept. 8, Del Val staff and students were cheering loud for the 2023 pep rally. Each year, Del Val has a pep rally to kick off the start of the fall athletic season. The pep rally leads into the football game that follows that night. (Veronica Hart)

Athletic director Mr. Jacobs kicked off the pep rally, introducing the fall sports teams. Each fall team was recognized and applauded for their season ahead. The fall play cast was also recognized as their rehearsals are about to get underway. (Riley Campbell)
The Golden Regiment Marching Band was the first group to perform. This was an important warm-up, as the band had a long night ahead of it, playing throughout the whole game. The band even played the touchdown dance for the cheerleaders to perform to later in the pep rally. (Emma Haig)
The cheerleaders showed off their touchdown dance, performing live thanks to the band! The cheerleaders look forward to performing each year to get spirits raised for the game that follows that night. (Riley Campbell)
To conclude the fall athlete recognition, senior football players stood in front of the school to discuss the upcoming season. Each year, the team is always the talk of the school, so this attention was nothing new to the players. (Veronica Hart)
Next, the staff and student dance off began. Each team was able to nominate a teammate to select a staff member to dance with. Each student and staff member choreographed a few moves and performed the routines for the school. (Danielle Newman )
To end the event, each grade had three representatives participate in a relay. The sophomores ended up taking the win, as they faced the seniors in the final round.  (Veronica Hart)
Students rushed the halls, as they were excited to go home, get ready and come back to cheer on the team at the first football game of the season. Del Val looks forward to hosting next year’s pep rally, and new ideas are already being discussed. (Erin Bate)