The Student News Site of Delaware Valley Regional High School

The Delphi

The Delphi

The Delphi

Polls

What movie are you most excited for this summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Recent Sports Scores

Fall play preparation underway

Lisa Cartwright
“The Play that Goes Wrong” will take the stage as Del Val’s fall play.

This year, the Del Val fall play will be “The Play That Goes Wrong”.

Directed by Lisa Cartwright and Bessy Kapetanakis, as well as student directors Kal El Fiotiro and Swara Modi, “The Play that Goes Wrong” is a comedy about a play inside a play. The play inside of “The Play that Goes Wrong” is “The Murder at Haversham Manor.” The main character is found dead at his engagement party and many things go wrong throughout the play, hence the title.

The original performance of the play premiered on December 4, 2012 at the Old Red Lion Theater in Islington, London.

This play has a small main cast. Alex Apgar is Robert, who plays Thomas Colleymoore, Lily Brunell as Taylor, Abigail Kuster as Annie, Aiden O’Connell as Chris (who plays Inspector Carter), Dakota Krouse as Jonathan (who plays Charles Haversham), Owen LaRue as Dennis (who plays Perkins), Max Verdicchio as Max (who plays Cecil Haversham as well as Arthur the Gardener), and Jessica McGothlin as Sandra (who plays Florence Colleymoore).

Not only is this play enjoyable to watch, but according to the cast, it has also been enjoyable to make.

“My favorite memory is just being here every day and meeting new people and being friends with them and working with them on projects,” said freshman Nolen Petty.

Senior, Owen LaRue, seconds Petty’s enthusiasm. 

“Probably what makes it most memorable is who you integrate with and how you interact with them on stage and seeing how you interact with them in real life,” said LaRue.

Although the students may have been the ones to choose this play, the actors aren’t the only ones having fun.

“I love being a student director,” Fiorito. “It’s one of my favorite things in the world, and really just connecting with the cast and helping them make their characters their own. Everyone collaborating to make the show coming together is probably one of my favorite parts. There’s going to be a lot of comedy and a lot of drama.”

“My favorite part is seeing all the kids get involved with each other to produce this play,” said director Lisa Cartwright. 

Tickets will be sold during lunch and online the week of the show for $10 and at the door for $15.