The Student News Site of Delaware Valley Regional High School

The Delphi

The Delphi

The Delphi

Del Val biology teacher returns to alma mater

Biology+teacher%2C+Charles+J.+Inglin+uses+technology+to+effectively+teach+students+about+enzymes.+
Neha Sethi
Biology teacher, Charles J. Inglin uses technology to effectively teach students about enzymes.

Charles J. Inglin is a student-favorite biology teacher at his alma mater, Delaware Valley Regional High School.  

Inglin is originally from Kingwood Township and graduated from Del Val in 2006. After graduating, Inglin attended Boston University and later received his masters degree from Western Governors University. While attending BU, Inglin was a Pre-Medical student who majored in Nutritional Sciences but always strived to become a teacher. 

After graduating college, Inglin came back to New Jersey and went on to become an aid at Del Val. Inglin originally supervised in-school suspensions and study halls as an aid. When he was given an opportunity to become a substitute, he was inspired to become a full-time teacher. Inglin officially started working at Del Val in 2012 and now teaches AP Biology, Honors Biology, Principles of Biomedical Science and Medical Interventions.  

Inglin is a dedicated teacher who is always looking for ways to make his classes more engaging and interesting. His goal is to always inspire his students to want to learn more about biology and put effort into their work. 

“As I have more and more time with the classes, I have more time to take away those less entertaining things like taking notes,” said Inglin. “My goal would be to make classes more and more engaging professionally, as well as continue to expand my knowledge of the content.”

Inglin enjoys working with teenagers, despite their reputations. He likes that they are open-minded, and that they show interest and passion for learning, willingly participating in class activities if they engage with students.  

My most rewarding part is when students come back or even major in biology or something in the medical field and say that I had some part of that. You don’t get that in many jobs where people come back and say, ‘You pushed me to do this.'”

— CJ Inglin

“My most rewarding part is when students come back or even major in biology or something in the medical field and say that I had some part of that,” said Inglin. “You don’t get that in many jobs where people come back and say, ‘You pushed me to do this.’” 

Inglin is married with three children, two daughters and a son. He loves to spend time with them and still resides in Kingwood Township. In ten years, Inglin hopes to continue to raise his children with good character, to be good citizens, and succeed in what they do. 

Inglin’s hobbies outside of work include building things, maintaining his home by doing chores, wrestling four to five days a week, coaching wrestling all year round, watching the Premier League and attending wrestling matches with friends.

As well as being a loved biology teacher, Inglin was a skilled wrestler at Del Val and BU. He started wrestling in second grade for the Del Val Wildcats and retired in 2016. Despite ending his competitive career, Inglin continues to wrestle for fun and coach the sport. 

After retiring, he wants to travel, spend time with his wife children, and visit his children in college. He also wants to travel to Europe, and while being there, he wants to watch the Olympics, World Cup or the Premier League.