The Student News Site of Delaware Valley Regional High School

The Delphi

The Delphi

The Delphi

Quiz

What flower are you?

There was an error. Please try again.

6 Total Questions

Recent Results
Select a Sport
Delaware Valley Regional High School
5
Bernards
0
Apr 30 / Baseball
Delaware Valley Regional High School
10
North Warren Regional
0
Apr 27 / Baseball
Delaware Valley Regional High School
6
Gill St.Bernard's School
6
Apr 24 / Baseball

Tristan Fawthrop earns stunning victory

Del Val moves on to State Finals
Ellie Lyons
Fawthrop’s defeat of Conte helped to send Del Val to State Finals for the third consecutive season.

On Feb. 9, 2024, Del Val won the state semi-finals against the Hanover Park Hornets 55-16.

This match had multiple memorable moments for the Terriers, but one particularly stands out. Sophomore Tristan Fawthrop faced off against Gabriella Conte for the second time this season.

Conte is currently ranked the number one girls wrestler at 100 lbs in the state. The last time the two wrestled each other Conte won by decision 6-3. On Friday night, Fawthrop avenged his previous defeat by pinfall.

Fawthrop is celebrated by Coach Fitz and his teammates as he changes the Del Val wins number. (Ellie Lyons)

This season Conte had a record of 11 wins and 7 losses including the Feb. 7 match. By comparison, Fawthrop had a record of 12 wins and 9 losses including the Feb. 7 match.

Fawthrop said he felt “pretty good” about his win over Conte.

After the match, Fawthrop got to change the win number in the wrestling room and was named “Pin Dog,” which Coach Andrew Fitz says does not usually happen for the same match.

Del Val wrestled well, winning 11 out of 14 bouts on the night. This win sends Del Val to State Finals, held Feb. 11, 2024 at Rutgers University.