The Student News Site of Delaware Valley Regional High School

The Delphi

The Delphi

The Delphi

Quiz

What flower are you?

There was an error. Please try again.

6 Total Questions

Recent Results
Select a Sport
Delaware Valley Regional High School
18
Gill St. Bernards
2
Apr 23 / Girls Lacrosse
Delaware Valley Regional High School
7
Voorhees
0
Apr 23 / Baseball
Delaware Valley Regional High School
14
Phillipsburg
6
Apr 22 / Lacrosse

Freshman Feature: Amel Bontempo

Bontempos hard work on the court has earned him the respect of the team and his coach.
Amel Bontempo
Bontempo’s hard work on the court has earned him the respect of the team and his coach.

Amel Bontempo is a freshman on the Del Val basketball team and has been playing basketball since first grade.

Bontempo started playing basketball for the Del Val Basketball League, and when he was old enough, he started playing on the middle school team.

“I played for Holland Township, but during the end of fifth grade and most of sixth grade, Covid put the basketball season and most sports on hold,” said Bontempo.

Bontempo plays two positions on the team, point guard and shooting guard, and he plans to continue his career at Del Val by making varsity next year. He also plans to win a championship with his teammates, which also motivates him to keep going.

“I am always motivated by my peers, but the thought of winning a championship is something I really want to accomplish,” said Bontempo.

Playing with people who are actually interested and passionate about playing basketball makes his experience different from previous years and teams because he feels some people were only there because their parents made them or they just wanted to hang out with their friends.

“It is more serious and intense than previous years, and I like that,” said Bontempo.

Bontempo enjoys the competitive factors of basketball and learning new moves and skills. Bentempo said that being a student athlete is definitely challenging, but he knows it’s only going to get more challenging. However, Bontempo is up for the challenge.