The Student News Site of Delaware Valley Regional High School

The Delphi

The Delphi

The Delphi

Quiz

What flower are you?

There was an error. Please try again.

6 Total Questions

Recent Results
Select a Sport
Delaware Valley Regional High School
5
Bernards
0
Apr 30 / Baseball
Delaware Valley Regional High School
10
North Warren Regional
0
Apr 27 / Baseball
Delaware Valley Regional High School
6
Gill St.Bernard's School
6
Apr 24 / Baseball

Senior athlete Linsey Godown honored at Rutgers University

Ellie Lyons
Linsey Godown, number 23, is a leader on and off the basketball court.

On Jan. 14, senior Linsey Godown was selected to represent Del Val’s female athletes in a celebration at Rutgers University.

One female athlete from every New Jersey school was chosen by staff and coaches to be honored at a women’s basketball game. 

The event acknowledges the work that female athletes put into everything they do, on and off the court. It can also encourage young fans watching and inspire them to achieve their goals and power through adversity.  

The athletes were brought down to the court at halftime where they received a certificate of recognition and got to walk around the court.

“It was a pretty cool experience,” said Godown. “There were a lot of people there and other females in sports. They probably all have similar work ethics as me so it was cool to be with them.” 

Godown is a hard worker in everything she does and never fails to impress with her skills in soccer and basketball.

“To me, it made me look back and feel proud of everything I’ve done to accomplish this,” said Godown. “All the hard work paid off and it means a lot to me that other people in my school see that.”

Be the hardest worker in the room. Even when it seems like it’s not going to work out in your favor, keep going.

— Linsey Godown

As someone who works at bettering her game day in and day out all year long, no matter the sport, it is only fitting that Godown received an honor like this.

Godown is a great example and leader for her teammates. She keeps a positive attitude and always tries her best, no matter the circumstances. She is an inspiration to many local female athletes. 

As Godown looks toward the end of her career, she has advice for young athletes.

“Be the hardest worker in the room,” said Godown. “Even when it seems like it’s not going to work out in your favor, keep going.”