Senior Highlight Reel: My top 5 must-do’s in high school!

Gabriella Maffie, Class of ’19

Gabriella Maffie, The Delphi Editor

With my senior year coming to what seems to be a rapid close, here are my top list of things to do throughout your short time here at Del Val!

Go to a Football Game: Going to a football game at the beginning of the year is a great way to show off your school spirit, while also having a great time with friends! Whether you know someone on the team or not, it is a truly fun time spent with friends, and a great way to meet new/other people in your class!

Go to at least one Homecoming Dance: Every October, Homecoming rolls around and it’s a weekend filled with fun! Starting with a football game on Friday night, where the homecoming court will be announced, the event transitions to a dance hosted at Del Val on Saturday night. Every year, I was able to make new memories with some of my closest friends and am so happy to have gone!

Go see a Play or Musical and support the Theatre Department: The Theatre Department at Del Val is truly exceptional. The shows that are chosen and the performances of those plays are all phenomenal and definitely a must-see at least once in your high school career! It’s also a great way to support your friends who may be a part of the cast or crew and to show your school spirit. Grab your friends for a fun night out, and go see a show!

Go to Prom: While it may sound cliche, it is a very fun night to spend with your closest friends. Going as a junior is a fun night out, but especially try to go as a senior! It was such a great time, and I am so glad I went and had a fun time with all of my friends!

Go play in Hoops For Heart: Hoops for Heart is a very highly anticipated event that takes place every year in February, around Valentine’s Day. During this event, students play a series of basketball tournaments on teams they assemble themselves and raise money for a great organization: The American Heart Association. Students have such a great day, from start to finish, and what better way to have fun than to be raising money for a great cause!