Poll

What movie are you most excited for this winter?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Recent Results
Frenchtown, NJ

• 4 AM
    36 °
  • 5 AM
    36 °
  • 6 AM
    37 °
  • 7 AM
    40 °
  • 8 AM
    44 °
  • 9 AM
    48 °
  • 10 AM
    51 °
  • 11 AM
    54 °
  • 12 PM
    56 °
  • 1 PM
    57 °
  • 2 PM
    55 °
  • 3 PM
    52 °
  • 4 PM
    49 °
  • 5 PM
    47 °
  • 6 PM
    46 °
  • 7 PM
    46 °
  • 8 PM
    45 °
  • 9 PM
    46 °
  • 10 PM
    45 °
  • 11 PM
    45 °
  • 12 AM
    45 °
  • 1 AM
    45 °
  • 2 AM
    45 °
  • 3 AM
    44 °
  • 4 AM
    44 °
April 27
58°/ 35°
Patchy rain nearby
April 28
74°/ 43°
Patchy rain nearby
April 29
80°/ 57°
Patchy rain nearby
The movie poster for “Immaculate,” out in theaters March 22.
Immaculate: a review
Brooke Regep, Contributing Writer • April 23, 2024
Amazons newest comedy features some familiar faces in some unfamiliar roles. (Photo via Amazon Prime Video)
"Ricky Stanicky"
Is he really fake?
Linsey Godown, Contributing Writer • April 17, 2024

“Assassin’s Creed Mirage” an excellent return to basics for franchise

Ubisoft
“Assassin’s Creed Mirage” is designed to entertain fans of both the original and more recent versions of the franchise.

“Assassin’s Creed Mirage” is the latest installment of the franchise and was released on Oct. 12, 2023 by Ubisoft. 

“Mirage” was promised to be a return to basics, and it most certainly does that. Taking place in Baghdad in the 8th century, you play as Basim Ibn-Ishaq, a thief turned Hidden One as he tackles Order of the Ancients members throughout the city.

Contrary to its Viking predecessor “Assassin Creed Valhalla,” “Mirage” focuses more on players’ skill in stealth and ability rather than open combat. In fact, there are certain enemies that are nearly invulnerable in open combat but are weak to sneak attacks, influencing a more stealthy approach to gameplay.

Aside from a surrounding desert territory that can be explored, much of the map is a sprawling city with plenty of ability to parkour around while pursuing targets and escaping enemies.  

Even better, a skill from the earlier games has returned: crowd blending. This allows you to sneak into areas by blending in with nearby civilians or even factions you can pay.

The storyline and plot are intriguing and are reminiscent of some of the older games but with aspects of the newer games. This is something that both old and new fans will enjoy.   

Unlike “Valhalla,” whose map could take hours to fully uncover, “Mirage’s” map size is more compact. The map also has fewer icons for players to investigate, which is a change from the previous two games, “Odyssey” and “Valhalla,” which had numerous icons. 

The combat has changed to where enemies are no longer “damage sponges,” meaning that it doesn’t take 1,000 hits to take away one health bar. The combat has been changed so that, although risky, it can be used to eliminate enemies.  

Overall, “Mirage” is an enjoyable experience for all fans of the series, no matter which previous games they prefer and is definitely worth a try and money.