The Student News Site of Delaware Valley Regional High School

The Delphi

The Delphi

The Delphi

Quiz

What flower are you?

There was an error. Please try again.

6 Total Questions

Recent Results
Select a Sport
Delaware Valley Regional High School
5
Bernards
0
Apr 30 / Baseball
Delaware Valley Regional High School
10
North Warren Regional
0
Apr 27 / Baseball
Delaware Valley Regional High School
6
Gill St.Bernard's School
6
Apr 24 / Baseball

Cheryl Munley: business-owning new math teacher

BandBox helmets are designed to be both protective and fashionable for the rider.
BandBox LLC

Dr. Cheryl Allen-Munley is a new math teacher at DVRHS with a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering from MIT who also owns her own business.

Munley’s business, BandBox LLC, specializes in making protective, yet fashionable, helmets.

“My goal was to wear something that would protect me while bicycling but that wouldn’t look like I was a competitive cyclist,” said Munley.

The helmets allow for users to have the protectiveness of a helmet without the bland and bulky appearance of a traditional helmet. These helmets can be used by an variety of users, from bicyclists look for a more fashionable helmet to equestrians who look to have a protective riding helmet that looks great. 

The helmets themselves are made of protective materials and are shaped to match the shape of the human skull.

Munley wants future entrepreneurs to know that running a business is not always an easy choice of work.   

“It is so complicated,” said Munley. There are so many details and so many different hats you have to put on, especially if you are running your business by yourself.”

Munley explained that business owners need to make many decisions when starting a business, such as whether to sell your product online or in stores, as well as how  to finance your business and also which tax forms need to be filled out.  

“Make sure it’s something you really love to do,” said Munley. “There is always a time when you have to get something done and it’s going to be late at night, so you’re going to be tired.”