Del Val athletics mid-season update

@delvalfootball

Del Val Football continued its undefeated season last Friday with its Homecoming night defeat of rival Bernards.

Joe Flynn, Sports Editor

Fall sports at Del Val are underway and nearly halfway through their respective seasons. Here’s an update on how each team is doing so far:

Del Val football is doing great so far. The Terriers are crushing it this season, and they are showing no signs of slowing down. With a 6-0 record, that’s good enough for first in their division.

The boys soccer team has jumped out to an outstanding 8-1 record and are first in their division. Strong coaching and a team-first mentality by the players has made this season a fun one.

The girls soccer team is doing very good as well. They possess a 7-4 record, good for top 10 in their Conference. They hope to continue their good season and bring home a championship trophy.

The boys cross-country team season was put on hold for a whole month, and are looking to win their conference again.

The girls cross-country team has jumped out to a 2-0 record and show no signs of slowing down.

The field hockey team has had a tougher season, but they have had some impressive wins. They’ve held their opponents to zero points in two different games and beat North Plainfield by 9.

The girls volleyball team always has good seasons, and this year is no different. With an 11-2 record, they are currently in the top 5 in their conference and poised for a run in the tournament.

Students and staff at Del Val are very involved in school sports, and with all the good seasons the teams are having so far, it shows.

For more information on our athletic programs, check out our Schedules, Scores and Teams page.