Ms. Zolton returns home to inspire biology students

Ms.+Zolton

Ms. Zolton

Wyatt Titus, The Delphi Staff, Class of '22

Del Val’s new Biology teacher, Ms. Alexandra Zolton, is very enthusiastic about teaching science at Delaware Valley Regional High School.

Ms. Zolton happens to be a Del Val alumni who graduated in 2005 and developed a love of learning that persists to this day. Prior to working at Delaware Valley, she worked at Woodrow Wilson Middle School in Edison, New Jersey. Ms. Zolton is a visual learner, and this approach to teaching serves her very well in her classroom; she continues to employ visually focused lessons for her students so they can see what they are learning more clearly.

“I originally come from Holland Township…. I saw the job opening and thought is was a good opportunity to come back home and educate the students in this area,” said Ms. Zolton.

Ms. Zolton is very passionate about biology and has some original ways to teach Bio. She has an interesting teaching style based off of inquiry and hands-on learning. This approach has students solve problems based in real life with evidence they find on their own.

Recently, students were working on a mystery health hazard in turtles, but later classes may get into unique topics such as how being “hangry” works! “The goal of this investigation style is to promote curiosity in realistic situations,” said Ms. Zolton

Ms. Zolton not only has a passion for biology, but she also has a passion for the outdoors, for her boat and animals, especially her dogs, Bear and Moose, and for cooking and spending time with her family. Overall, Ms. Zolton will be a wonderful addition to Del Val’s teaching staff and a breath of fresh air for the science department.